Wright Medical Group
Wright Medical Group (WMGI) is a global orthopedic medical device company specializing in the design, manufacture and marketing of devices and biologic products for extremity, hip and knee repair and reconstruction. This stock is trading up 8.7% at $20.38 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 944,000Average Volume: 305,258 Volume % Change: 274% Shares of WMGI are soaring today after the company said net income jumped around 28% to $4.6 million, or 12 cents per share, versus net income of $3.6 million, or 9 cents per share, in the first quarter of 2011. >>Health Care Stocks Bought and Sold by Hedge Funds From a technical perspective, WMGI is soaring today on monster volume and the stock has started to move into breakout territory with shares trending above some near-term overhead resistance at $19.87. Traders should continue to look for long-biased trades in WMGI if it can manage to close near its daily highs, and maintain its trend above $19.87 with strong upside volume flows. I would consider any upside volume day that registers near or above 305,258 shares as bullish. If we continue to see that action, look for WMGI to tag its next significant overhead resistance levels at $21 to $22 in the near future.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV