We believe the non-GAAP measures of EBITDA, adjusted EBITDA, and distributable cash flow are important financial performance measures for the Partnership. EBITDA and adjusted EBITDA, as defined by our debt instruments, were $90.2 million and $69.7 million respectively for the first quarter 2012 as compared to $26.4 million and $34.7 million respectively for the same quarter in 2011.
The Partnership’s distributable cash flow for the first quarter was $39.2 million as compared to $18.2 million for the same period last year. The increase in adjusted EBITDA quarter-over-quarter was due primarily to a $37.4 million increase in gross profit and $9 million of increased realized derivative gains. Partially offset by a $7.6 million increase in selling, general and administrative expenses and a $4.5 million increase in transportation expense.
We encourage investors to review the section of our earnings press release found on our website entitled non-GAAP financial measures and the attached tables for discussion and definitions of EBITDA, adjusted EBITDA, and distributable cash flow, financial measures, and reconciliations of these non-GAAP measures to the comparable GAAP measures.
Gross profit by segment for the first quarter of 2012 for specialty products and fuel products was $66.5 million and $17.8 million respectively compared to gross profit of $47.9 million and a loss of $1 million respectively for the same period in 2011.The increase in specialty products segment gross profit of $18.6 million quarter-over-quarter was due primarily to a 29.4% increase in sales volume, 9.5% increase in the average selling prices per barrel, partially offset by a 12.8% increase in the average cost of crude oil per barrel and higher operating costs, largely repairs and maintenance.Read the rest of this transcript for free on seekingalpha.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV