10 Worst-Off State Pension Funds
Despite concerns that New Hampshire's public pension system is underfunded by nearly $4 billion, officials and unions are at odds over solutions.
A fierce political battle is under way as that state's legislature seeks to move away from the traditional pension system to a defined-contribution plan similar to the 401(k) plans millions of Americans have moved toward over the past few decades.
Union officials have argued that administrative costs for new plans would actually add more than $1 billion in costs; proponents have countered with calculations of their own showing $2 billion in savings over the next decade.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV