10 Worst-Off State Pension Funds
Years of underfunding has led Illinois' unfunded pension liability to reach an estimated $83 billion. Sustaining that system is costing the state upward of 15% of all general revenue spending.
Democratic Gov. Pat Quinn has faced political opposition for a plan announced last month to restore some solvency. Among the proposals (estimated by the governor to save as much as $85 billion over 30 years): raising the retirement age for a full pension to 67, increasing employee contributions and capping cost-of-living increases.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV