In the very near future, we will enhance our current service offerings to better meet the needs of the estimated 700,000 people of Pakistani decent living in the United States and the many millions of Latinos that call internationally to mobile phones.
Although not yet material to our overall financial results, let me take a moment to talk about the tangible progress that we've made in our mobile and international expansion efforts where we've reached several key milestones since the beginning of this year.
On February 8, we launched the Vonage Mobile app. For those of you not familiar with the app, Vonage Mobile is a free downloadable application for iPhone and Android that let's users make free, high definition calls and send free texts to all users of the app worldwide.
It works over Wi-Fi, 3G and 4G wireless data networks. When calling people who don't have the app, users get low cost calling worldwide with pay-per-minute rates that are on average 70% less than major mobile carriers and 30% less than Skype.With over one million downloads in roughly eight weeks, we are approaching usage of over 10 million minutes per month. While pleased with the first version, we do see opportunities for improvement and we've been steadily updating the app to enhance ease of use, functionality and performance. We've already implemented four releases for IOS and five releases for Android. Just yesterday, we released an update to the app that enhances our messaging solution to allow photos and location sharing and sharing of the app with friends on Facebook and Twitter. Connection quality, load times when opening the app and battery life are top priorities we are continuing to address. In the coming months, we will add desirable features such as Bluetooth and a low cost international roaming capability that will allow customers traveling outside their home country to avoid high roaming fees.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV