ASC Staff Alleges Calgary Land Developer Mislead Investors
CALGARY, May 2, 2012 /CNW/ - Alberta Securities Commission (ASC) staff have issued a Notice of Hearing alleging that Sundre Development Ltd., Aspen Springs Capital Group Inc. and William Joseph Sander engaged in an illegal distribution of securities and made misrepresentations to Alberta investors. ASC staff also alleged that Sundre Development filed false documents with the ASC.
In the Notice, ASC staff allege that Sundre Development raised approximately $1.3 million selling securities to at least 32 investors in 2010 without filing a prospectus with the ASC and without an appropriate exemption for all the sales. Aspen Springs was involved in promoting the sale of these securities, and Sander authorized, directed and participated in the alleged illegal activity. According to the allegations, Sundre Development, Aspen Springs and Sander also made misrepresentations regarding the project to be developed on Sundre Development lands.
An appearance to set a date for hearing will be held on Friday, May 11, 2012, at 9 a.m. in the ASC Hearing Room, 5 th floor, 250-5 th Street SW, Calgary, Alberta.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV