- World’s best selling reference series helps explain the fast-growing segment of SBCs and how companies can transform their communications capabilities.
- SBCs provide secure access to SIP trunking services, helping reduce costs and enable new application features like Unified Communications and video.
- Typical savings from SIP trunking, trunking consolidation, and the move to VoIP can reduce traditional enterprise telecom bills by up to 75 percent.
Sonus Networks, Inc. (Nasdaq: SONS), a global leader in SIP communications, today announced that it has partnered with John Wiley & Sons, Inc., the publisher of the For Dummies ® book series, to produce Session Border Controllers For Dummies, Sonus Special Edition (Wiley, 9781118377420, May 2012). Available today, the book outlines how session border controllers (SBCs) serve as devices designed to control the communications (voice, video or other media) coming in and out of an enterprise’s or service provider’s SIP-based VoIP network, while also handling the signaling and media intermediation and translation required to make the service work smoothly all the time.
To deploy Unified Communications, video and other SIP-based communications applications, SBCs provide secure access to SIP trunking services. Enterprises can reduce their traditional telecom bills by up to 75% through SIP trunking, trunking centralization and the deployment of VoIP. This new Session Border Controllers For Dummies book dissects the technology in an easy-to-use format by outlining:
- The role of SBCs in enterprise and service provider networks
- How SBCs can help businesses save money while also enabling new services
- The value of an SBC as a tool to maximize network security
- How to handle SIP trunking and associated variants
To download an electronic copy of the book, go to http://www.sonus.net/dummies.Quotes: “By taking a plain-English approach, Session Border Controllers For Dummies explains the role of an SBC and how it can enable businesses and service providers to not only reduce costs but prepare for advanced features like video and Unified Communications,” said Andy Cummings, For Dummies Tech Vice President and Publisher. “With a heritage as an innovator in helping firms communicate in new ways, Sonus has sponsored this reference book as a way to demystify how firms can effectively leverage SBCs in their networks.” “SBCs play an integral role as firms move to SIP-based, Cloud-enabled platforms to lower expenses while adding new services,” said Wes Durow, Vice President of Global Marketing at Sonus. “ For Dummies is a perfect tool to explain how enterprises and service providers can experience new capabilities while simultaneously reducing the complexity and expense of their legacy communications networks.” Other Facts:
- Infonetics Research shows Sonus as the fastest-growing SBC vendor (“Service Provider VoIP Equipment and Subscribers,” 4Q11 report); growing almost 4x faster than the market average
- A new Infonetics Research report shows the Enterprise SBC market up 60% in 2011 from 2010 as SIP trunking adoption grows while the global SBC service provider market is expected to grow 20% year-over-year through 2016
- A SIP-based Unified Communications infrastructure could reclaim 23% of the productivity lost on inefficient communications in large enterprises, or 1.21 hours per employee per day as noted in the ‘2012 Economic Impact of SIP in the Enterprise' State of the Market report by Sonus and Webtorials
- Sonus counts several Fortune 500 enterprises among its SBC customers, including the world’s largest banks, airlines, retailers and healthcare providers
- Sonus SBC 5200 supports 64,000 sessions on a single server, more than twice the capacity of the leading SBC competitor
- Sonus Session Border Control Solutions
- Download a complimentary copy of Session Border Controllers For Dummies, Sonus Special Edition by John Wiley & Sons, Inc., the publisher of the For Dummies® book series.
- ‘2012 Economic Impact of SIP in the Enterprise' — Webtorials ‘State of the Market' report and savings calculator, sponsored by Sonus
- Sonus is Fastest-Growing SBC Vendor in Service Provider Market - New Infonetics Research Report Shows Sonus SBCs Growing Almost 4x Faster Than the Market Average
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV