Materion Corporation (NYSE:MTRN) today announced that its Board of Directors declared a second quarter 2012 dividend of $0.075 per share of common stock, payable on June 1, 2012 to shareholders of record at the close of business on May 18, 2012.
On an annualized basis, the amount of the dividend is $0.30 per share and equates to a yield of approximately 1.2% based on the Materion common stock price at the close of trading on May 1, 2012. The dividend represents a quarterly cash payout of approximately $1.5 million, or $6.0 million on an annualized basis. Subject to a continuing strong capital position and a determination that cash dividends continue to be in the best interest of shareholders, Materion intends to pay a quarterly dividend on an ongoing basis.
Richard J. Hipple, Chairman, President and CEO, stated, “The dividend initiation reflects our continuing confidence in the strength of our business, its prospects for long-term growth and our ability to generate cash sufficient to continue to grow the business organically as well as through acquisitions while returning cash to our shareholders.”FORWARD-LOOKING STATEMENTS Portions of the narrative set forth in this document that are not statements of historical or current facts are forward-looking statements, in particular our intention regarding future dividends provided above. Our actual future performance may materially differ from that contemplated by the forward-looking statements as a result of a variety of factors. These factors include, in addition to those mentioned elsewhere herein:
- The global economy;
- The condition of the markets which we serve, whether defined geographically or by segment, with the major market segments being: consumer electronics, industrial and commercial aerospace, defense and science, energy, medical, automotive electronics, telecommunications infrastructure and appliance;
- Changes in product mix and the financial condition of customers;
- Actual sales, operating rates and margins for 2012;
- Our success in developing and introducing new products and new product ramp-up rates;
- Our success in passing through the costs of raw materials to customers or otherwise mitigating fluctuating prices for those materials, including the impact of fluctuating prices on inventory values;
- Our success in integrating acquired businesses, including EIS Optics Limited and Aerospace Metal Composites Limited;
- Our success in moving the Newburyport, Massachusetts operations to Singapore;
- Our success in implementing our strategic plans and the timely and successful completion and start-up of any capital projects, including the new primary beryllium facility in Elmore, Ohio;
- The availability of adequate lines of credit and the associated interest rates;
- The impact of the results of acquisitions on our ability to achieve fully the strategic and financial objectives related to these acquisitions;
- Other financial factors, including the cost and availability of raw materials (both base and precious metals), physical inventory valuations, metal financing fees, tax rates, exchange rates, pension costs and required cash contributions and other employee benefit costs, energy costs, regulatory compliance costs, the cost and availability of insurance, and the impact of the Company’s stock price on the cost of incentive compensation plans;
- The uncertainties related to the impact of war, terrorist activities and acts of God;
- Changes in government regulatory requirements and the enactment of new legislation that impacts our obligations and operations;
- The conclusion of pending litigation matters in accordance with our expectation that there will be no material adverse effects;
- The timing and ability to achieve further efficiencies and synergies resulting from our name change and product line alignment under the Materion name and Materion brand;
- The capital availability to pay future cash dividends; and
- The risk factors set forth in Part 1, Item 1A of our Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV