NEW YORK (TheStreet) - Broadcom (BRCM) was one of tech's laggards during pre-market trading on Wednesday as investors responded to the chipmaker's second-quarter results, released after market close on Tuesday.
The Apple (AAPL) component supplier comfortably beat analysts' revenue and earnings estimates, although weaker-than-expected third-quarter guidance weighed on Broadcom's stock.
Broadcom expects revenue of $1.9 billion to $2 billion for the three months ending in June. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters were looking for $1.97 billion.
Shares of the Irvine, Calif.-based firm were down 47 cents, or 1.27%, to $36.24 before market open.Groupon (GRPN), which announced the departure of two board members on Monday, was another loser in pre-market trading. Shares of the online daily deals provider tumbled 26 cents, or 2.44%, to $10.60 as investors continued to digest Groupon's boardroom reshuffle. Comcast (CMCSA) was one of the most active pre-market Nasdaq stocks after the cable giant beat analysts' first-quarter estimates early on Wednesday. The company's shares, however, slipped $1.10, or 3.59%, to $29.50 on share volume of 328,932 . Research in Motion (RIMM) shares slipped 6 cents, or 0.45%, to $13.42 with investors unmoved by the first glimpse of the delayed BlackBerry 10 operating system. RIM CEO Thorsten Heins showed off the OS and a prototype BlackBerry 10 device at a developer conference in Florida on Tuesday. Investors, however, were underwhelmed, and RIM's stock closed down 5.7%. --Written by James Rogers in New York. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/jamesjrogers. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Check out our new tech blog, Tech Trends. Follow TheStreet Tech on your wireless devices.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV