Cobalt Market Update (April 27, 2012)
By Karan Kumar — Exclusive to Cobalt Investing News
Western cobalt prices rose slightly this week, with cobalt 99.3 and 99.6 percent trading between $14.25 and $15.25 a pound, and 99.8 percent trading at $14.80 a pound as of April 25, Metal-Pages reported. Prices for cobalt, which is typically a by-product of nickel or copper mining, are below levels seen in October of last year, when both 99.3 and 99.6 percent were trading upwards of $16 a pound.
The Cobalt Development Institute said this week that total global refined cobalt supply in 2011 rose around four percent to 82,247 tonnes from 79,262 tonnes in 2010, Platts reported. Global apparent consumption appears to be around 75,000 tonnes for 2011, an increase of around 15 percent on 2010.
London Metal Exchange minor metals prices, which include cobalt, have eased this week as investor worries about Europe's debt problems have increased amid political uncertainty and bleak economic data. In addition to economic worries, the cobalt market is in a state of oversupply that is pressuring prices downward and is expected to last at least until 2016.Cobalt Market Update (April 27, 2012) from Cobalt Investing News
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV