MOD-PAC CORP. Reports First Quarter 2012 Financial Results
MOD-PAC CORP. (NASDAQ: MPAC), a manufacturer of custom and stock paperboard packaging and provider of personalized print products, reported total revenue of $13.8 million for the first quarter of 2012, which ended March 31, 2012, compared with $13.9 million for the first quarter of 2011. The change in revenue reflects a 1.0% decline in custom folding carton sales.
Net loss for the first quarter of 2012 was $123 thousand, or ($0.04) per diluted share, compared with net income of $357 thousand, or $0.10 per diluted share, in the first quarter of 2011. Despite relatively flat sales, a change in product mix and higher paperboard costs had a negative effect on margins.
Daniel G. Keane, President and CEO, commented, “Our sales remained solid in the quarter. We added sales from a nice new custom folding carton customer, but experienced mixed levels of sales from many of our current accounts. Last year’s first quarter also benefited from a major rebranding campaign of one of our large customers.”
First Quarter 2012 Sales Solid
- Sales of custom folding cartons were down 1.0% to $10.4 million in the 2012 first quarter from $10.5 million in the prior year first quarter, primarily related to lower volume from one large customer and decreased graphic design charges partially offset by business from one new customer and increased sales from several large customers.
- Stock packaging sales increased 3.2%, or $83 thousand, to $2.7 million in the first quarter.
- Personalized print sales were $611,000 in the first quarter of 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV