Schnitzer Steel Industries Inc. Stock Downgraded (SCHN)
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 2.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 22.8%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.37, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.48, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Metals & Mining industry and the overall market, SCHNITZER STEEL INDS's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for SCHNITZER STEEL INDS is currently extremely low, coming in at 10.20%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 1.10% significantly trails the industry average.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts