We anticipate that the adoption at open heart centers will continue to be a significant driver of HeartMate II performance in the U.S. for a few reasons.
First and foremost, clinical outcomes at open heart centers have been strong as evidenced by a presentation at ISHLT this year, which I'll discuss in greater detail later. Second, this group of centers is still early in its DT outreach efforts; so far only 19 open heart centers have received DT certification from the Joint Commission. Last, we anticipate that the vast majority of new VAD program development will come from open heart centers. For all these reasons, we’re excited about the growth prospects from the segments.
That said, I would note that many of these centers are early in their adoption of the therapy and we therefore expect performance to have some variability from quarter-to-quarter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV