Autodesk Inc. (ADSK): Today's Featured Technology Winner
Autodesk (ADSK) pushed the Technology sector higher today making it today's featured technology winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, Autodesk rose $1.36 (3.5%) to $40.73 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2.2 million shares of Autodesk exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.7 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $39.37-$41.28 after having opened the day at $39.48 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $39.37. Other companies within the Technology sector that increased today were: PLX Technology (PLXT), up 67.3%, Nexxus Lighting (NEXS), up 27.1%, BOS Better Online Solutions (BOSC), up 17.5%, and BluePhoenix Solutions (BPHX), up 17.4%. Autodesk, Inc. provides design software and services to customers worldwide. Autodesk has a market cap of $9.18 billion and is part of the computer software & services industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 22.8, below the average computer software & services industry P/E ratio of 32.5 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 29.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Autodesk a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and seven rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Autodesk as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Autodesk Ratings Report.
- Use our technology section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV