FedEx Corporation (FDX): Today's Featured Services Winner
FedEx Corporation (FDX) pushed the Services sector higher today making it today's featured services winner. The sector as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, FedEx Corporation rose 77 cents (0.9%) to $89.01 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1.3 million shares of FedEx Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.2 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $87.57-$89.83 after having opened the day at $88.19 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $88.24. Other companies within the Services sector that increased today were: Peoples Educational Holdings (PEDH), up 57.1%, P.F. Chang's China Bistro (PFCB), up 29.7%, Canterbury Park Holding Corporation (CPHC), up 22.4%, and Avis Budget Group (CAR), up 19.1%. FedEx Corporation provides transportation, e-commerce, and business services in the United States and internationally. It operates in four segments: FedEx Express, FedEx Ground, FedEx Freight, and FedEx Services. FedEx Corporation has a market cap of $27.83 billion and is part of the transportation industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 13.7, equal to the average transportation industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 5.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 18 analysts that rate FedEx Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and four rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates FedEx Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and attractive valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full FedEx Ratings Report.
- Use our services section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV