SINA Corporation (SINA): Today's Featured Internet Winner
SINA Corporation (SINA) pushed the Internet industry higher today making it today's featured internet winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, SINA Corporation rose $1.29 (2.2%) to $59.80 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2.9 million shares of SINA Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5.3 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $58.13-$61.41 after having opened the day at $58.49 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $58.51. Other companies within the Internet industry that increased today were: Friendfinder Networks (FFN), up 8.3%, Authentidate Holding Corporation (ADAT), up 8%, EasyLink Services International Corporation (ESIC), up 7.8%, and Synacor (SYNC), up 6.6%. SINA Corporation provides online media and mobile value-added services (MVAS) in the People's Republic of China. It provides advertising, non-advertising, and free services through SINA.com, Weibo.com, and SINA Mobile. SINA Corporation has a market cap of $3.9 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 64.4, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 12.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate SINA Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and six rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates SINA Corporation as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, robust revenue growth and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including disappointing return on equity and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full SINA Ratings Report.
- Use our internet section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV