Exxon Mobil Corporation (XOM) pushed the Energy industry higher today making it today's featured energy winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, Exxon Mobil Corporation rose 70 cents (0.8%) to $87.04 on average volume. Throughout the day, 13.8 million shares of Exxon Mobil Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 15.4 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $86.13-$87.52 after having opened the day at $86.46 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $86.34. Other companies within the Energy industry that increased today were: Advantage Oil & Gas (AAV), up 10.5%, Arabian American Development Company (ARSD), up 7.2%, Equal Energy (EQU), up 7.2%, and ZaZa Energy (ZAZA), up 6.5%. Exxon Mobil Corporation engages in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas, and manufacture of petroleum products, as well as transportation and sale of crude oil, natural gas, and petroleum products. Exxon Mobil Corporation has a market cap of $404.79 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 10.4, equal to the average energy industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 1.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are eight analysts that rate Exxon Mobil Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and six rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Exxon Mobil Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, attractive valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- You can view the full Exxon Mobil Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about XOM
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV