Pitney Bowes (PBI) pushed the Consumer Durables industry higher today making it today's featured consumer durables winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, Pitney Bowes rose 64 cents (3.7%) to $17.77 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4.3 million shares of Pitney Bowes exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.2 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $17.07-$17.87 after having opened the day at $17.23 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $17.13. Other companies within the Consumer Durables industry that increased today were: Hooker Furniture Corporation (HOFT), up 4.4%, Sensata Technologies Holding B.V (ST), up 4%, Select Comfort Corporation (SCSS), up 3.7%, and Cybex International (CYBI), up 3.5%. Pitney Bowes Inc. provides software, hardware, and services to enable physical and digital communications. It also offers a suite of equipment, supplies, software, services, and solutions for managing and integrating physical and digital communication channels. Pitney Bowes has a market cap of $3.44 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 9.9, above the average consumer durables industry P/E ratio of 5.7 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 7.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there is one analyst that rates Pitney Bowes a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and two rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Pitney Bowes as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including weak operating cash flow and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Pitney Bowes Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about PBI
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV