LyondellBasell Industries NV (LYB): Today's Featured Chemicals Winner
LyondellBasell Industries (LYB) pushed the Chemicals industry higher today making it today's featured chemicals winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.4%. By the end of trading, LyondellBasell Industries rose $1.08 (2.6%) to $42.86 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 5.8 million shares of LyondellBasell Industries exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.8 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $41.90-$43.71 after having opened the day at $42.38 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $41.78. Other companies within the Chemicals industry that increased today were: Huntsman Corporation (HUN), up 9%, TOR Minerals International (TORM), up 5.8%, Penford Corporation (PENX), up 5.1%, and Pure Bioscience (PURE), up 3.5%. LyondellBasell Industries N.V. manufacturers and sells chemicals and polymers, refines crude oil, produces gasoline blending components, and develops and licenses technologies for the production of polymers. LyondellBasell Industries has a market cap of $26.27 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 12.2, equal to the average chemicals industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 28.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate LyondellBasell Industries a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and two rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates LyondellBasell Industries as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, deteriorating net income and poor profit margins.
- You can view the full LyondellBasell Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV