Navistar International (NAV) pushed the Automotive industry higher today making it today's featured automotive winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, Navistar International rose $1.09 (3.2%) to $35.04 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.6 million shares of Navistar International exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.6 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $33.95-$35.25 after having opened the day at $33.95 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $33.95. Other companies within the Automotive industry that increased today were: Spartan Motors (SPAR), up 13.1%, Stoneridge (SRI), up 8.3%, Tenneco (TEN), up 5.6%, and Motorcar Parts of America (MPAA), up 3.8%. Navistar International Corporation, through its subsidiaries, manufactures and sells commercial and military trucks, buses, diesel engines, recreational vehicles (RVs), and chassis, as well as provides service parts for trucks and trailers. Navistar International has a market cap of $2.35 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 1.6, below the average automotive industry P/E ratio of 1.7 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 10.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are nine analysts that rate Navistar International a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and five rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Navistar International as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income, poor profit margins and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Navistar International Ratings Report.
- Use our automotive section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about NAV
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV