CPFL Energy (CPL) pushed the Utilities sector lower today making it today's featured Utilities loser. The sector as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, CPFL Energy fell 50 cents (-1.8%) to $27.70 on average volume. Throughout the day, 439,496 shares of CPFL Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 477,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $27.69-$28.24 after having opened the day at $28.21 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $28.20. Other company's within the Utilities sector that declined today were: China Hydroelectric Corporation (CHC), down 10.8%, Transportadora de Gas del Sur (TGS), down 6.9%, U.S. Geothermal (HTM), down 4.7%, and Dynegy (DYN), down 3%. CPFL Energia S.A., through its subsidiaries, engages in the generation, distribution, and sale of electricity in Brazil. It generates electricity through hydroelectric, thermal, biomass, and wind power plants. CPFL Energy has a market cap of $9.07 billion and is part of the utilities industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 22.1, above the average utilities industry P/E ratio of 11.1 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 0% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are no analysts that rate CPFL Energy a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and one rates it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates CPFL Energy as a buy. Among the primary strengths of the company is its respectable return on equity which we feel is likely to continue. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full CPFL Energy Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about CPL
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV