Alaska Air Group (ALK) pushed the Transportation industry lower today making it today's featured Transportation loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.1%. By the end of trading, Alaska Air Group fell 19 cents (-0.6%) to $33.61 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.3 million shares of Alaska Air Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 892,800 shares. The stock ranged in price between $33.46-$33.91 after having opened the day at $33.76 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $33.80. Other company's within the Transportation industry that declined today were: Genco Shipping & Trading (GNK), down 14.6%, Eagle Bulk Shipping (EGLE), down 9.2%, Newlead Holdings (NEWL), down 8.1%, and Baltic Trading (BALT), down 7.5%. Alaska Air Group, Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides scheduled air transportation for passengers and cargo. Alaska Air Group has a market cap of $2.43 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 10.2, below the average transportation industry P/E ratio of 11.8 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 10% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are seven analysts that rate Alaska Air Group a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and five rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Alaska Air Group as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, attractive valuation levels, solid stock price performance, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- You can view the full Alaska Air Group Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about ALK
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV