Xilinx Inc (XLNX): Today's Featured Technology Loser
Xilinx (XLNX) pushed the Technology sector lower today making it today's featured Technology loser. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, Xilinx fell 87 cents (-2.4%) to $35.51 on average volume. Throughout the day, four million shares of Xilinx exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.3 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $35.51-$36.34 after having opened the day at $35.94 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $36.38. Other company's within the Technology sector that declined today were: Servicesource International (SREV), down 17.1%, MERU Networks (MERU), down 15.5%, Park Electrochemical (PKE), down 9.7%, and Integrated Device Technology (IDTI), down 9.5%. Xilinx, Inc. designs, develops, and markets programmable platforms in North America, the Asia Pacific, Europe, and Japan. Xilinx has a market cap of $9.56 billion and is part of the electronics industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 18.3, equal to the average electronics industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 13.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are nine analysts that rate Xilinx a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Xilinx as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its expanding profit margins, solid stock price performance, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- You can view the full Xilinx Ratings Report.
- Use our technology section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV