Xilinx (XLNX) pushed the Technology sector lower today making it today's featured Technology loser. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, Xilinx fell 87 cents (-2.4%) to $35.51 on average volume. Throughout the day, four million shares of Xilinx exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.3 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $35.51-$36.34 after having opened the day at $35.94 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $36.38. Other company's within the Technology sector that declined today were: Servicesource International (SREV), down 17.1%, MERU Networks (MERU), down 15.5%, Park Electrochemical (PKE), down 9.7%, and Integrated Device Technology (IDTI), down 9.5%. Xilinx, Inc. designs, develops, and markets programmable platforms in North America, the Asia Pacific, Europe, and Japan. Xilinx has a market cap of $9.56 billion and is part of the electronics industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 18.3, equal to the average electronics industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 13.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are nine analysts that rate Xilinx a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Xilinx as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its expanding profit margins, solid stock price performance, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- You can view the full Xilinx Ratings Report.
- Use our technology section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about XLNX
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV