Office Depot (ODP) pushed the Specialty Retail industry lower today making it today's featured Specialty Retail loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.4%. By the end of trading, Office Depot fell 19 cents (-6.3%) to $2.85 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 9.7 million shares of Office Depot exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.8 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $2.83-$3.14 after having opened the day at $3.13 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $3.04. Other company's within the Specialty Retail industry that declined today were: Barnes & Noble (BKS), down 6.1%, Big five Sporting Goods Corporation (BGFV), down 5.3%, MarineMax (HZO), down 5%, and West Marine (WMAR), down 5%. Office Depot, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, supplies office products and services. Office Depot has a market cap of $898.8 million and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 14.5, equal to the average specialty retail industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 41.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are three analysts that rate Office Depot a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and nine rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Office Depot as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself and poor profit margins.
- You can view the full Office Depot Ratings Report.
- Use our specialty retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about ODP
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV