Martin Marietta Materials (MLM) pushed the Materials & Construction industry lower today making it today's featured Materials & Construction loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, Martin Marietta Materials fell $1.14 (-1.4%) to $81.74 on average volume. Throughout the day, 720,288 shares of Martin Marietta Materials exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 552,500 shares. The stock ranged in price between $80.51-$83.55 after having opened the day at $81.52 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $82.88. Other company's within the Materials & Construction industry that declined today were: US Ecology (ECOL), down 22.8%, TRC Companies (TRR), down 11.3%, Great Lakes Dredge & Dock Corporation (GLDD), down 6.8%, and Casella Waste Systems (CWST), down 5.5%. Martin Marietta Materials, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, engages in the production and sale of aggregates for the construction industry primarily in the United States, Canada, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean Islands. Martin Marietta Materials has a market cap of $3.81 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 49.3, above the average materials & construction industry P/E ratio of 46.9 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 9.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are three analysts that rate Martin Marietta Materials a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and nine rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Martin Marietta Materials as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, premium valuation and poor profit margins.
- You can view the full Martin Marietta Ratings Report.
- Use our materials & construction section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about MLM
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV