Priceline.com Inc. (PCLN): Today's Featured Leisure Loser
Priceline.com (PCLN) pushed the Leisure industry lower today making it today's featured Leisure loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1%. By the end of trading, Priceline.com fell $5.65 (-0.7%) to $755.17 on average volume. Throughout the day, one million shares of Priceline.com exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.1 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $750-$766.89 after having opened the day at $760.82 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $760.82. Other company's within the Leisure industry that declined today were: Domino's Pizza (DPZ), down 9.3%, Good Times Restaurants (GTIM), down 8.6%, Orbitz Worldwide (OWW), down 3.8%, and Jamba (JMBA), down 3.5%. priceline.com Incorporated, together with its subsidiaries, operates as an online travel company. Priceline.com has a market cap of $37.95 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 36.9, equal to the average leisure industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 62.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 15 analysts that rate Priceline.com a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and two rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Priceline.com as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.
- You can view the full Priceline.com Ratings Report.
- Use our leisure section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV