Flowserve Corporation (FLS) pushed the Industrial Goods sector lower today making it today's featured Industrial Goods loser. The sector as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, Flowserve Corporation fell $1.44 (-1.3%) to $113.49 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 722,150 shares of Flowserve Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 473,300 shares. The stock ranged in price between $113.31-$117 after having opened the day at $115.11 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $114.93. Other company's within the Industrial Goods sector that declined today were: US Ecology (ECOL), down 22.8%, TRC Companies (TRR), down 11.3%, THT Heat Transfer Technology (THTI), down 8.2%, and Kaman Corporation (KAMN), down 7.5%. Flowserve Corporation engages in the design, manufacture, distribution, and service of industrial flow management equipment. The company operates in three segments: FSG Engineered Product, FSG Industrial Product, and Flow Control. Flowserve Corporation has a market cap of $6.33 billion and is part of the industrial industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 15.2, equal to the average industrial industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 15.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are nine analysts that rate Flowserve Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Flowserve Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Flowserve Ratings Report.
- Use our industrial goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about FLS
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV