Kellogg Company (K): Today's Featured Food & Beverage Loser
Kellogg Company (K) pushed the Food & Beverage industry lower today making it today's featured Food & Beverage loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, Kellogg Company fell 54 cents (-1.1%) to $50.04 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2.5 million shares of Kellogg Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.2 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $50-$50.65 after having opened the day at $50.57 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $50.57. Other company's within the Food & Beverage industry that declined today were: Bridgford Foods Corporation (BRID), down 9.9%, Coffee Holding Company (JVA), down 5.3%, Tianli Agritech (OINK), down 5%, and Adecoagro (AGRO), down 4.6%. Kellogg Company, together with its subsidiaries, manufactures and markets ready-to-eat cereal and convenience food products primarily in North America, Europe, Latin America, and the Asia Pacific. Kellogg Company has a market cap of $17.97 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 14.9, equal to the average food & beverage industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are unchanged year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are three analysts that rate Kellogg Company a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and 13 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Kellogg Company as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its notable return on equity, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally poor debt management on most measures that we evaluated.
- You can view the full Kellogg Ratings Report.
- Use our food & beverage section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV