Charles Schwab (SCHW) pushed the Financial Services industry lower today making it today's featured Financial Services loser. The industry as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, Charles Schwab fell 14 cents (-1%) to $14.14 on light volume. Throughout the day, 10.6 million shares of Charles Schwab exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 15.3 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $14.12-$14.38 after having opened the day at $14.27 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $14.28. Other company's within the Financial Services industry that declined today were: Ampal-American Israel Corporation (AMPL), down 7.9%, SGOCO Group (SGOC), down 6.9%, CIFC (DFR), down 6.9%, and First Marblehead Corporation (FMD), down 6.6%. The Charles Schwab Corporation, through its subsidiaries, provides securities brokerage, banking, and related financial services to individuals and institutional clients. Charles Schwab has a market cap of $18.21 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 22, above the average financial services industry P/E ratio of 21.7 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 26.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are four analysts that rate Charles Schwab a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Charles Schwab as a buy. Among the primary strengths of the company is its solid financial position based on a variety of debt and liquidity measures that we have evaluated. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Charles Schwab Ratings Report.
- Use our financial services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about SCHW
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV