BlackRock Inc (BLK): Today's Featured Financial Loser
BlackRock (BLK) pushed the Financial sector lower today making it today's featured Financial loser. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, BlackRock fell $1.08 (-0.6%) to $190.50 on average volume. Throughout the day, 624,532 shares of BlackRock exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 679,500 shares. The stock ranged in price between $190.32-$193.24 after having opened the day at $191.34 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $191.58. Other company's within the Financial sector that declined today were: OptimumBank Holdings (OPHC), down 34.8%, Plumas Bancorp (PLBC), down 13.6%, WSB Holdings (WSB), down 12.7%, and First Financial Service Corporation (FFKY), down 11.5%. BlackRock, Inc. is a publicly owned investment manager. The firm primarily provides its services to institutional, intermediary, and individual investors. BlackRock has a market cap of $26.87 billion and is part of the financial services industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 15.3, equal to the average financial services industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 8% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are eight analysts that rate BlackRock a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and five rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates BlackRock as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its growth in earnings per share, increase in net income and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full BlackRock Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV