Herbalife (HLF) pushed the Drugs industry lower today making it today's featured Drugs loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.9%. By the end of trading, Herbalife fell $10.62 (-15.1%) to $59.70 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 30.4 million shares of Herbalife exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.4 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $51.93-$70.75 after having opened the day at $70.40 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $70.32. Other company's within the Drugs industry that declined today were: Savient Pharmaceuticals (SVNT), down 21.5%, Protalix BioTherapeutics (PLX), down 10.9%, Cempra (CEMP), down 10.4%, and ViroPharma (VPHM), down 9.7%. Herbalife Ltd., a network marketing company, sells weight management, nutritional supplement, energy, sports and fitness, and personal care products worldwide. Herbalife has a market cap of $8.25 billion and is part of the health care sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 21.4, equal to the average drugs industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 36.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate Herbalife a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and one rates it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Herbalife as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and notable return on equity. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.
- You can view the full Herbalife Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about HLF
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV