Jacobs Engineering Group (JEC): Today's Featured Diversified Services Loser
Jacobs Engineering Group (JEC) pushed the Diversified Services industry lower today making it today's featured Diversified Services loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, Jacobs Engineering Group fell $1.97 (-4.5%) to $41.86 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 3.3 million shares of Jacobs Engineering Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 978,500 shares. The stock ranged in price between $40.72-$42.07 after having opened the day at $41.13 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $43.83. Other company's within the Diversified Services industry that declined today were: Swisher Hygiene (SWSH), down 12.9%, Cleveland BioLabs (CBLI), down 9.3%, School Specialty (SCHS), down 9.2%, and Hudson Highland Group (HHGP), down 7.9%. Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. provides technical, professional, and construction services to various industrial, commercial, and governmental clients worldwide. Jacobs Engineering Group has a market cap of $5.73 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 16, equal to the average diversified services industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 8% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate Jacobs Engineering Group a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and eight rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Jacobs Engineering Group as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Jacobs Engineering Group Ratings Report.
- Use our diversified services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV