Avon Products (AVP) pushed the Consumer Non-Durables industry lower today making it today's featured Consumer Non-Durables loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.7%. By the end of trading, Avon Products fell $1.73 (-8%) to $19.87 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 17.6 million shares of Avon Products exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7.6 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $19.55-$21 after having opened the day at $20.84 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $21.60. Other company's within the Consumer Non-Durables industry that declined today were: Exceed Company (EDS), down 14.3%, Swisher Hygiene (SWSH), down 12.9%, Nu Skin (NUS), down 8.3%, and Weyco Group (WEYS), down 7.1%. Avon Products, Inc. manufactures and markets beauty and related products worldwide. Avon Products has a market cap of $8.71 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 18, below the average consumer non-durables industry P/E ratio of 18.3 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 23.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are four analysts that rate Avon Products a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and nine rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Avon Products as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its attractive valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- You can view the full Avon Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer non-durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about AVP
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV