Universal Display Corporation (PANL): Today's Featured Computer Hardware Loser
Universal Display Corporation (PANL) pushed the Computer Hardware industry lower today making it today's featured Computer Hardware loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Universal Display Corporation fell 96 cents (-2.1%) to $44.02 on average volume. Throughout the day, 863,012 shares of Universal Display Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 949,800 shares. The stock ranged in price between $43.95-$45 after having opened the day at $45 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $44.98. Other company's within the Computer Hardware industry that declined today were: Socket Mobile (SCKT), down 7.2%, Concurrent Computer Corporation (CCUR), down 3.9%, Aruba Networks (ARUN), down 3.5%, and Dot Hill Systems Corporation (HILL), down 2.4%. Universal Display Corporation engages in the research, development, and commercialization of organic light emitting diode (OLED) technologies and materials for use in flat panel display, solid-state lighting, and other product applications. Universal Display Corporation has a market cap of $2.09 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 645.1, equal to the average computer hardware industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 23.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are four analysts that rate Universal Display Corporation a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and five rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Universal Display Corporation as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and impressive record of earnings per share growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the stock has had a generally disappointing performance in the past year.
- You can view the full Universal Display Ratings Report.
- Use our computer hardware section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV