Universal Display Corporation (PANL) pushed the Computer Hardware industry lower today making it today's featured Computer Hardware loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Universal Display Corporation fell 96 cents (-2.1%) to $44.02 on average volume. Throughout the day, 863,012 shares of Universal Display Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 949,800 shares. The stock ranged in price between $43.95-$45 after having opened the day at $45 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $44.98. Other company's within the Computer Hardware industry that declined today were: Socket Mobile (SCKT), down 7.2%, Concurrent Computer Corporation (CCUR), down 3.9%, Aruba Networks (ARUN), down 3.5%, and Dot Hill Systems Corporation (HILL), down 2.4%. Universal Display Corporation engages in the research, development, and commercialization of organic light emitting diode (OLED) technologies and materials for use in flat panel display, solid-state lighting, and other product applications. Universal Display Corporation has a market cap of $2.09 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 645.1, equal to the average computer hardware industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 23.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are four analysts that rate Universal Display Corporation a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and five rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Universal Display Corporation as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and impressive record of earnings per share growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the stock has had a generally disappointing performance in the past year.
- You can view the full Universal Display Ratings Report.
- Use our computer hardware section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV