HollyFrontier Corp (HFC): Today's Featured Basic Materials Loser
HollyFrontier (HFC) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials loser. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, HollyFrontier fell 24 cents (-0.8%) to $30.58 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2.5 million shares of HollyFrontier exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.8 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $30.52-$31.43 after having opened the day at $30.93 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $30.82. Other company's within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: GeoMet (GMET), down 12.8%, Forest Oil (FST), down 10.8%, Metabolix (MBLX), down 9.2%, and Flexible Solutions International (FSI), down 8.7%. HollyFrontier Corporation operates as an independent petroleum refiner and marketer in the United States. It produces light products, such as gasoline, diesel fuel, jet fuel, specialty lubricant products, liquefied petroleum gas, fuel oil, and specialty and modified asphalt. HollyFrontier has a market cap of $6.61 billion and is part of the energy industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 4.9, equal to the average energy industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 31.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are seven analysts that rate HollyFrontier a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and four rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates HollyFrontier as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, attractive valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and compelling growth in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
- You can view the full HollyFrontier Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV