Honda Motor (HMC) pushed the Automotive industry lower today making it today's featured Automotive loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, Honda Motor fell 76 cents (-2.1%) to $35.28 on average volume. Throughout the day, 648,181 shares of Honda Motor exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 498,700 shares. The stock ranged in price between $35.01-$35.38 after having opened the day at $35.07 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $36.04. Other company's within the Automotive industry that declined today were: China Automotive Systems (CAAS), down 4.1%, Wabash National Corporation (WNC), down 3.6%, Monro Muffler/Brake (MNRO), down 3.4%, and ATC Venture Group (ATC), down 3.3%. Honda Motor Co., Ltd., together with its subsidiaries, engages in the development, manufacture, and distribution of motorcycles, automobiles, and power products primarily in North America, Europe, and Asia. Honda Motor has a market cap of $65.84 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 10.3, below the average automotive industry P/E ratio of 29.8 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 19.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there is one analyst that rates Honda Motor a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Honda Motor as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its attractive valuation levels and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- You can view the full Honda Ratings Report.
- Use our automotive section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about HMC
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV