MAUMEE, Ohio, May 1, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Andersons, Inc. (Nasdaq: ANDE) announced today it has completed the purchase of an ethanol facility in Denison, Iowa, now known as The Andersons Denison Ethanol LLC.
The operations consist of an ethanol production facility with an adjacent 2.7 million bushel grain terminal, previously owned by Amaizing Energy Denison LLC and Amaizing Energy Holding Company, LLC, with direct access to two Class 1 railroads in Iowa.
"As our first ethanol plant west of the Mississippi, this purchase provides us with geographic diversity," says Neill McKinstray, President, Ethanol Group. "We are looking forward to expanding our ethanol production, marketing and services in one of the highest corn production regions in the U.S. and offering our grain marketing and risk management services to our growers."The Andersons Denison Ethanol LLC has been organized to provide investment opportunity for The Andersons as well as outside investors. The Andersons will manage the operations, and provide grain origination, risk management, and DDG and ethanol marketing services. The ethanol plant in Denison, Iowa, is the fourth ethanol facility in which The Andersons has an investment and serves as manager. The other ethanol facilities are located in Albion, Mich., Clymers, Ind., and Greenville, Ohio. About The Andersons, Inc.The Andersons, Inc. is a diversified company with interests in the grain, ethanol and plant nutrient sectors of U.S. agriculture, as well as in railcar leasing and repair, turf products production, and general merchandise retailing. Founded in Maumee, Ohio, in 1947, the company now has operations across the United States, in Puerto Rico, and has rail equipment leasing interests in Canada and Mexico. For more information, visit The Andersons online at www.andersonsinc.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV