10 Essentials for Summer Travel Survival
NEW YORK MainStreet -- If vacationers are already going to pay more for summer travel, they may as well pay to make it better.
Airlines have already attempted six fare hikes this year, with Delta (DAL) alone attempting to boost prices three times since January. Delta was only successful once, but alleged "discount" carriers Southwest (LUV) and JetBlue (JBLU) were behind the only other two fare increases that stuck.
All together, domestic airline ticket prices have risen between $20 and $40 this year regardless of fuel prices or demand. Since passengers' wallets aren't weighing them down anymore, they may want to consider springing for the following 10 items to cope with the stress and small spaces the airlines are charging a premium for:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV