NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The following stocks go ex-dividend Thursday, meaning an investor must purchase the shares Wednesday to qualify for the next dividend payment: Citigroup (C), Intel (INTC), Southern (SO), FirstEnergy (FE), Noble Energy (NBL), New York Community Bancorp (NYB), Ternium (TX) and Walter Energy (WLT).
"We think investors should consider several reasons why the outcome of a two-notch downgrade by Moody's would be manageable: 1) Citi's broker-dealer subsidiary already effectively carries a P-2 short-term rating at Moody's--and Citi's ratings were recently affirmed by S&P and Fitch, with the bank and broker-dealer each remaining at A-1 and F1, respectively; 2) Citi has increased the tenor of its repo funding over the past 2 years to months rather than weeks; 3) Citi has broadened its investor base to focus on less-ratings sensitive investors, including placing limits on ratings sensitive short-term funding sources (such as 2a-7 funds) which now comprise a "low-single digit" percentage of repo funding; and 4) Citi estimates that a two-notch downgrade from Moody's alone would trigger about $2.0B of additional cash obligations and collateral requirements--Citi's 10-K estimated cash obligations and collateral requirements would total $7.3B if all three agencies downgraded two notches simultaneously," Wells Fargo analysts wrote in an April 25 report. "Finally, Citi suggested that the market has become more forward-looking and sophisticated about counterparty assessment (and therefore, less reliant on the ratings agencies), suggesting investors have been preparing for the potential downgrade for some time."
Forward Annual Dividend Yield: 0.1%
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV