Nearest Resistance: $20
Nearest Support: $17.50
Catalyst: Earnings, Gen-Probe PurchaseLast up today, medical diagnostics firm Hologic (HOLX) is down double-digits on the week following the one-two punch of an earnings miss and an acquisition that the firm is paying a premium for. While announcing a revenue shortfall yesterday morning, the firm announced that it was buying Gen-Probe (GPRO) at a 20% premium to the firm's value last week. Mr. Market isn't reacting well to that combination. From a technical standpoint, the news broke HOLX down below previous support at $20, a price level that had held shares up since the start of February. With this stock unable to catch a bid at previous levels and the next nearest support level still a dollar and change away, it makes sense for bargain hunters to turn their sights elsewhere right now. To see these stocks in action, check out the at Most-Searched Stocks portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Jonas Elmerraji in Baltimore.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV