7 Stocks Under $10 Making Big Moves
SunPower (SPWR) is a vertically integrated solar products and services company that designs, manufactures and delivers solar electric systems worldwide for residential, commercial and utility-scale power plant customers. This stock is trading up 18% to $6.63 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $6.06-$6.6852-Week Range: $4.94-$23.36 Volume: 1.7 million Three-Month Average Volume: 1 million Shares of SPWR are surging higher today after Citigroup analyst Timothy Arcuri said that there are signs that the beleaguered sector is nearing a bottom. He raised his rating on Sunpower to buy from hold. From a technical perspective, SPWR is gapping up huge here on above average volume. This move has triggered a near-term breakout move above $6.20, and it's pushing the stock close to taking out its 50-day moving average of $6.63. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in SPWR if it can manage to close back above its 50-day with high-volume. At last check, SPWR has hit an intraday high of $6.68 and volume is well above its average action. If we get that close back above the 50-day today, then look for SPWR to continue its uptrend towards its next major overhead resistance level at $7.95. SunPower shows up on a list of Solar Stocks That May Not Survive to 2014.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV