Intevac (IVAC) provides process manufacturing equipment solutions to the hard disk drive industry and manufacturing equipment and inspection solutions to the photovoltaic industry. This stock is trading up 12.2% at $9.05 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $8.66-$9.3552-Week Range: $6.11-$12.03 Volume: 128,000 Three-Month Average Volume: 78,595 Shares of IVAC are skyrocketing today after Needham & Company reiterated its buy rating on the stock and its $10 price target. >>6 Tech Stocks That Rate Better Than Apple From a technical perspective, IVAC is gapping sharply higher here as the stock moves within range of triggering a major breakout trade. That trade will hit once IVAC can manage to sustain a high-volume move or close above some past overhead resistance at $9.25. At last check, IVAC has hit an intraday high of $9.36 on volume that's well above its average action. Traders should now look for long-biased trades if IVAC is trending above $9.25 with volume that's near or well above 78,595 shares. If we get that action soon, look for IVAC to tag its next significant overhead resistance levels at $10.30 to $11 in the near future.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV