NEW YORK (MainStreet) -- What's happening in small business today?
1. This startup wants to buy your old cell phone. San Diego startup EcoATM has created a business around purchasing used mobile devices. The company operates a network of kiosks that will allow customers to trade in their used devices for cash, in-store credit or gift cards. EcoATM then resells the devices to the refurbishing market or recycles them, according to Fortune.
EcoATM's business has attracted investors, including the business it has modeled itself after -- Coinstar (CSTR). Fortune says Coinstar participated in EcoATM's $14.4 million Series A round early last year. It is also participating in a second round that is being announced today, according to the article.
Follow TheStreet on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV