The Dow Jones Industrial Average (^DJI) is trading down 13.0 points at 13,200 as of Tuesday, May 1, 2012, 9:35 a.m. ET. During this time, 25.6 million shares of the 30 Dow components have changed hands vs. an average daily trading volume of 743.8 million. The NYSE advances/declines ratio sits at 1,468 issues advancing vs. 1,199 declining with 178 unchanged. The Dow component leading the way higher looks to be Travelers Companies (NYSE:TRV), which is sporting a 38-cent gain (+0.6%) bringing the stock to $64.70. Volume for Travelers Companies currently sits at 94,538 shares traded vs. an average daily trading volume of 3.1 million shares. Travelers Companies has a market cap of $24.9 billion and is part of the financial sector and insurance industry. Shares are up 8.7% year to date as of Monday's close. The stock's dividend yield sits at 2.9%. The Travelers Companies, Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides various commercial and personal property and casualty insurance products and services to businesses, government units, associations, and individuals primarily in the United States. The company has a P/E ratio of 18.6, below the average insurance industry P/E ratio of 18.8 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. TheStreet Ratings rates Travelers Companies as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, attractive valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity.
- You can view the full Travelers Companies Ratings Report.
- You can view the full Pfizer Ratings Report.
Latest Headlines about PFE
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV