IMS LTI provides a single framework or standard way of integrating rich learning applications and content from systems like Mediasite with learning management systems, portals or other systems from which applications can be launched. Basic LTI is the initial release of LTI and is currently the most widely implemented version. It provides a simple method for instructors to provide access to Mediasite content anywhere within their college or university LMS or CMS, including Blackboard Learn, Desire2Learn, Instructure Canvas, Moodle and Sakai. Students can then easily access secure Mediasite content with a single sign-on. Products that are certified for LTI and other IMS standards are posted at imscert.org.
"We're excited for some of the new education standards like LTI to gain more adoption," said Brian Whitmer, co-founder and VP of Products at Instructure. "We think there's a great opportunity for interoperable, usable products like Mediasite to help improve the education ecosystem."
Mediasite's conformance with Basic LTI is part of Sonic Foundry's advanced integration services, which includes both custom development and adoption of industry standards to support clients seeking deeper integration between Mediasite and their enterprise or campus application platforms.
"IMS is very pleased with Sonic Foundry achieving LTI certification," said Dr. Rob Abel, Chief Executive Officer of IMS. "By incorporating LTI integration Sonic Foundry will enable a more seamless experience for their customers across a wide range of integration scenarios."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV