NEW YORK (TheStreet) - The Dow Jones Industrial Average ticked up 1.59 points, or 0.01% in the month of April. Year-to-date, the blue-chip index has advanced 8.5%.
Shares of Travelers rose 8.65% in April to close at $64.32.
On April 19, the insurance giant reported first-quarter earnings of $806 million, or $2.02 a share, beating Wall Street's consensus view by more than 30%.Shares of Travelers hit a 52-week high on April 26 of $64.82. The stock's 52-week low of $45.97 was set on Oct. 4. 10 Stocks Poised to Rise in Apple's Wake >> Travelers' shares trade at a forward price-to-earnings ratio of 10.31X; the average for its peers is 12.57X. For comparison, Chubb (CB) has a higher forward P/E of 12.15X. Fourteen of the 26 analysts who cover Travelers rate it at buy. Eleven analysts give the stock a hold rating and one rates it at sell. The stock has risen 8.7% year to date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV