Colony Financial, Inc. (NYSE: CLNY) (the “Company”) today announced that Darren Tangen, the Company's Chief Operating Officer and Chief Financial Officer, will participate in the following upcoming investor conferences:
- 11th Annual JMP Securities Research Conference on Monday, May 14, 2012 at 11:30 AM PDT at The Ritz-Carlton, San Francisco, CA.
- 13th Annual B. Riley & Co. Investor Conference on Tuesday, May 22, 2012 at 1:30 PM PDT at the Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel, Santa Monica, CA.
The Company will provide live webcasts of the JMP Securities and B. Riley & Co. presentations. Interested parties may tune in to the live presentations by visiting the 'Investor Relations' section of the Company’s Website at www.colonyfinancial.com. Presentation materials will be made available on the Company's Website at the time of the presentation. The webcast and presentation materials will also be archived and available on the Website for 90 days.
About Colony Financial, Inc.
Colony Financial, Inc. is a real estate finance and investment company that is focused primarily on acquiring and originating commercial real estate loans and real estate-related debt at attractive risk-adjusted returns. Secondary debt purchases may include performing, sub-performing or non-performing loans (including loan-to-own strategies). Colony Financial has elected to be taxed as a real estate investment trust, or REIT, for U.S. federal income tax purposes. Colony Financial is a component of the Russell 2000® and the Russell 3000® indices. For more information, visit www.colonyfinancial.com.Forward-Looking Statements This press release may contain forward-looking statements within the meaning of the federal securities laws. Forward-looking statements relate to expectations, beliefs, projections, future plans and strategies, anticipated events or trends and similar expressions concerning matters that are not historical facts. In some cases, you can identify forward-looking statements by the use of forward-looking terminology such as “may,” “will,” “should,” “expects,” “intends,” “plans,” “anticipates,” “believes,” “estimates,” “predicts,” or “potential” or the negative of these words and phrases or similar words or phrases which are predictions of or indicate future events or trends and which do not relate solely to historical matters. Forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties, assumptions and contingencies, many of which are beyond the Company’s control, that may cause actual results to differ significantly from those expressed in any forward-looking statement. Statements regarding the following subjects, among others, may be forward-looking: the Company’s business and investment strategy; the Company's ability to maintain its qualification as a REIT for U.S. federal income tax purposes; and the Company's ability to maintain its exemption from registration under the 1940 Act.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV