Chrysler's April Sales Rise 20%
DETROIT ( TheStreet) -- Chrysler reported its highest April sales total in four years as sales rose 20%.
The automaker, the first to report April results, said sales totaled 141,165 units, up from 117,225 in April 2011, with sales records by five models: the Fiat 500, Chrysler 200, Dodge Challenger, Jeep Wrangler and Dodge Avenger.
"April was another strong month for Chrysler as our sales increased 20%, we recorded our 25th-consecutive month of year-over-year sales growth and we reported our strongest quarterly profit in 13 years," said Reid Bigland, Dodge brand CEO. "This business is all about product and the quality and fuel efficiency of our current vehicle line-up has never been better."
Chrysler brand sales rose 56% in April, with sales of the Chrysler 300 up 138%. Jeep brand sales rose 19%, with Wrangler sales up 35%. Dodge brand sales rose 2%.-- Written by Ted Reed in Charlotte, N.C. >To contact the writer of this article, click here: Ted Reed >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/tedreednc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV