ARIS Title Insurance Corporation, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. (NasdaqGS: AGII), and headquartered in New York, United States, announced today its formation of an International Advisory Board, whose purpose will be to advise ARIS, through independent insight, in addressing the increasingly complex and evolving legal ownership issues facing the art industry including the museum and non-profit community on a global basis.
The advisory board will be comprised of leaders from the international business and insurance industries, academia and the commercial and non-profit sectors of the art industry.
“The art world, which has now reached $125B in global sales annually, is in the midst of a fundamental shift in paradigm from a tangential market to a subsector of the global economy, where the recognition of art and collectibles as a formal asset class is changing the industry from the outside inward at lightning speed,” said ARIS Chairman Lawrence M. Shindell, who will serve as Chairman of the International Advisory Board.
“We have witnessed a core shift in transactional attitude in the art and collectibles market worldwide to one where guaranteed clear legal title or ownership is the defining issue. We have seen this through the inquiries we receive from leaders in the international museum community; leaders in the global risk management, auditing and financial advisory sectors serving the art and collectibles markets; the fiduciaries serving the burgeoning investment sectors that focus on this alternative asset class; and from governments that are increasingly concerned about the regulation of international trade of collectible personal property,” added Shindell. “For these reasons, we have very deliberately shaped our advisory board to include thought-leaders from both the business world and the art world.”Non-executive members of the ARIS International Advisory Board at inception are (in alphabetical order):
- Dr. James M. Bradburne, Museum Specialist (former Director General, Museum für Angewandte Kunst, Frankfurt, Germany, and currently Director General, Palazzo Strozzi, Florence, Italy)
- Dr. Ulrich Guntram, CEO, AXA Art, Cologne, Germany
- Mark Fehrs Haukohl, President, The Vero Group, Houston, Texas, United States
- Britt Newhouse, Chairman, Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC, New York, New York, United States
- Alain Vandenborre, Co-Founder, Singapore FreePort Pte Ltd , Republic of Singapore
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV