P.F. Chang's Reaches $1.09B Deal To Go Private
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. (AP) â¿¿ P.F. Chang's is going private in a deal with a private equity firm that is valued at around $1.09 billion.
Centerbridge Partners LP will buy the stock of the Scottsdale, Ariz., company for $51.50 each.
The cash offer represents a 40 percent premium over the closing stock price Monday for P.F. Chang's China Bistro Inc.
The company operates its namesake restaurant chain, along with the Pei Wei, True Food Kitchen and Global Brands businesses.Centerbridge will begin a tender offer for P.F. Chang's shares no later than May 15. In order for the deal to close, about 83 percent of the shares need to be tendered. The acquisition is expected to close in the third quarter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV