P.F. Chang's Reaches $1.09B Deal To Go Private
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. (AP) â¿¿ P.F. Chang's is going private in a deal with a private equity firm that is valued at around $1.09 billion.
Centerbridge Partners LP will buy the stock of the Scottsdale, Ariz., company for $51.50 each.
The cash offer represents a 40 percent premium over the closing stock price Monday for P.F. Chang's China Bistro Inc.
The company operates its namesake restaurant chain, along with the Pei Wei, True Food Kitchen and Global Brands businesses.Centerbridge will begin a tender offer for P.F. Chang's shares no later than May 15. In order for the deal to close, about 83 percent of the shares need to be tendered. The acquisition is expected to close in the third quarter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV